The Mount Clemens Gem & Lapidary Society has been in existence since 1969. Our purpose is to educate the general public about the lapidary arts and earth sciences.
We have openings for several Board positions.
Sunday April 23, 2017 is OPEN HOUSE at MCGLS clubhouse. Location is 1404 South Gratiot, Suite B, Mt. Clemens, 48043. Time is 12 noon to 5 pm. Limited parking on street. Parking at printing shop 2 buildings south. Three parking spaces behind building.
Meetings are on Monday nights. Board meeting the last Monday of the month and Membership meeting the first Monday of the month. April 24 board meeting at clubhouse starting at 7pm. Hope we see all board members.
Our classes are our survival. All instructors give freely of their time to help students learn the lapidary arts. Materials and tools (for use) are provided by the instructor. Money collected is used to pay for the building. (Material fee is payed to the instructor). You do not need to be a member to attend classes. Class times & costs are: Starting date for classes coming soon.
- Beading – Monday evening, 5-9 pm when there is no board or membership meeting. Cost $5.00. anyone can attend. Bring your needles, thread, beads and anything else you want to work on.
- Faceting – Tuesday evening, 5-9 pm. Cost $60.00 for 4 cutting nights paid in advance after which, if you aren’t finished the cost is $15.00 per night. 1st night is free choosing rough, (.18 per carat), talking about topic. Limit 4 people.
- Cabochon – Wednesday. Workshop is 12 pm to 5 pm. Cost is $15.00. (may stay longer for additional $2.00 per hour if no class is scheduled). Bring eye and breathing protection if you have them.
- Cabochon Class – Wednesday, 6 pm to 9 pm. Cost is $75.00 for 5 nights. Wear old clothes. Bring eye and breathing protection if you have them. Limit 4 people.
- Wire wrapping – Class will be on Sunday from 12 pm to 5 (?)pm. Cost is $50.00. Learn the basics about wire, tools used and how to wrap stones and cabochons. All tools provided for your use. We will use copper wire. Materials fee of $15.00 payable to instructor at start of class. Limit 4 people.
- If you are interested in any of the classes please call me at 586-747-0689 and leave a message or email at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject Classes. I will not return calls if there is no message.
MEMBERSHIP INFO:Individual $25.00 (changed, initiation fees no longer apply)
Family consists of 1 or 2 parents with a child under 18.
Make checks payable to MCGLS. Forms will be available at the meetings and at the clubhouse at a later date. When renewing please include a short note with your Name, Address, Tel #’s and email address so we can keep our records up to date.
Send payment to:
c/o Ken Kreskowiak
23159 Scotch Pine Ln
Macomb MI 48042
Any questions – Email: email@example.com Subject: membership or call 586-747-0689 and leave a message. I will return all message calls only.
The Cranbrook Center for Collections and Research is hosting a behind-the-scenes tour on Sunday, April 29 from 10:00am to 12:30pm. The tour will highlight the Mineral Collection at the Institute of Science with a talk by curator John Zawiskie followed by a walking tour of some glacial erratic boulders and the Arrival Feature outside the Institute followed by a walk across campus to Cranbrook House where James Cameron of Cameron Stone Masonry will speak about the recent restoration of the stone fences and retaining walls surrounding Cranbrook House. Cost is $25.00 per person, or $10.00 for full-time students with ID. Reservations can be made by contacting Jody Helme-Day at 248-645-3307. firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: Apr 20, 2017