The Mount Clemens Gem & Lapidary Society has been in existence since 1969. Our purpose is to educate the general public about the lapidary arts and earth sciences.
We have openings for several Board positions.
Mondays 5pm to 9pm, except the first Monday of the Month, Beading workshop. Come one come all. Bring your beads, threads, needles, magnifiers (some beads are very tiny) and create. Cost $4.00. See you there.
Parking is available at Johnson Printing after 5pm, 2 building south. Some street parking but signs aren’t clear where it is legal. 3 spaces behind building for Handicap only. Thank you.
Meetings are on Monday nights. Meetings will be on the 1st Monday of the month with membership starting shortly after. The next meeting will be held July 10th at 6:30pm at the clubhouse located at 1404 S. Gratiot Ave. Suite B. Mt. Clemens MI 48043.
Our classes are our survival. All instructors give freely of their time to help students learn the lapidary arts. Materials and tools (for use) are provided by the instructor. Money collected is used to pay for the building. (Material fee is payed to the instructor at time of class). You do not need to be a member to attend classes. Class times & costs are: Starting date for classes coming soon.
- Beading – Monday evening, 5-9 pm when there is no board or membership meeting. Cost $4.00. anyone can attend. Bring your needles, thread, beads and anything else you want to work on.
- Faceting – Tuesday evening, 5-9 pm. Cost $60.00 for 4 cutting nights paid in advance after which, if you aren’t finished the cost is $15.00 per night. 1st night is free choosing rough, (.10 per carat), talking about topic. Limit 4 people, STARTING JUNE 27, TUESDAY.
- Cabochon – STARTING JUNE 28, Wednesday. Workshop is 12 pm to 5:30 pm. Cost is $15.00. (may stay longer for additional $2.00 per hour if no class is scheduled). Bring eye and breathing protection if you have them.
- Cabochon Class STARTING JUNE 28, Wednesday, 6 pm to 9 pm. Cost is $60.00 for 4 nights. Wear old clothes. Bring eye and breathing protection if you have them. Limit 4 people.
- Wire wrapping – Class will be on Sunday from 12 pm to 5 (?)pm. Cost is $50.00. Learn the basics about wire, tools used and how to wrap stones and cabochons. All tools provided for your use. We will use copper wire. Materials fee of $15.00 payable to instructor at start of class. Limit 4 people, STARTS ON JUNE 25.
- If you are interested in any of the classes please call me at 586-747-0689 and leave a message or email at email@example.com, subject Classes. I will not return calls if there is no message or subject.
MEMBERSHIP INFO:Individual $25.00
Family consists of 1 or 2 parents with a child under 18.
Make checks payable to MCGLS. Forms will be available at the meetings and at the clubhouse at a later date. When renewing please include a short note with your Name, Address, Tel #’s and email address so we can keep our records up to date.
Send payment to:
c/o Ken Kreskowiak
23159 Scotch Pine Ln
Macomb MI 48042
Any questions – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: membership or call 586-747-0689 and leave a message. I will return all message calls only.
I received this link in email and thought others might like to check it out.
The Virtual Museum of Geology is pleased to announce the April Edition of our new online geology enthusiast Magazine:
In this edition:
– The Trilobites
– Curating Your Personal Collection
– Insert on Metaphysical Properties of Common Minerals & Crystals
– Highlight on Fake Turquoise
Check it out soon with the following link:
Last update: May 7, 2017