The Mount Clemens Gem & Lapidary Society has been in existence since 1969. Our purpose is to educate the general public about the lapidary arts and earth sciences.
Chainmaille class from 3 to 5 pm on Sunday March 18th.
Aluminum rings and pliers supplied by the instructor. We have room for 6 people and only 2 seats are left. Cost is $20.00 for a Byzantine bracelet. Mail check made out to MCGLS or Mt. Clemens Gem & Lapidary Society to MCGLS c/o Ken Kreskowiak, 23159 Scotch Pine Ln. Macomb MI 48042. Include a note with your name and phone # and class name.
Meetings are on Monday nights. Board meetings will be on the 1st Monday of the month with membership meeting starting shortly after. The next meeting will be held March 5th at 6:30pm at the clubhouse located at 1404 S. Gratiot Ave. Suite B. Mt. Clemens MI 48043.
Also Jacquie has said she will give a Gem Tree class and would like to know who would be interested.
Our classes are our survival. All instructors give freely of their time to help students learn the lapidary arts. Materials and tools (for use) are provided by the instructor. Money collected is used to pay for the building. (Material fee is payed to the instructor at time of class). You do not need to be a member to attend classes. We require payments be made 7 days in advance so instructor has time to gather class materials. Class times & costs are:
- Beading – Monday evening, 5-9 pm when there is no board or membership meeting. Cost $1.00/hour anyone can attend. Bring your needles, thread, beads and anything else you want to work on.
- Faceting – Tuesday evening, 5-9 pm. Cost $60.00 for 4 cutting nights paid in advance after which, if you aren’t finished the cost is $15.00 per night. 1st night is free choosing rough, (starting at .10 per carat), talking about topic. Limit 3 people.
The next faceting class will start March 13 at 5pm. Location is 1404 S. Gratiot Ave, Suite B (side entrance) Mt. Clemens, MI 48043.
- Cabochon Class: Wednesday, 6 pm to 9 pm. Cost is $60.00 for 4 nights. Wear old clothes. Bring eye and breathing protection if you have them. Limit 3 people.
- Wire wrapping – CLASS WILL BE ON APRIL 15. Sunday from 12 pm to 5 (?)pm. Cost is $50.00. Learn the basics about wire, tools used and how to wrap stones and cabochons. All tools provided for your use. We will use copper wire. Materials fee of $15.00 payable to instructor at start of class. Limit 4 people.
- If you are interested in any of the classes please call me at 586-747-0689 and leave a message or email at email@example.com, subject Classes. I will not reply if there is no message or subject.
- Up coming event: MARCH 24, 2018 – SAT, 10 TO 5 PM – 46th Annual Metro Rock Swap. St. John’s Lutheran Church, 13115 Telegraph Rd, Taylor MI.
- We have a table and will be offering findings and rocks. If you want to sell items we can handle it for a 10% fee. Call us and let us know your interest. We need help to transport rocks and other items. Please volunteer. Call Ken at 586-747-0689. Leave a message.
Time to renew your membership or return.
MEMBERSHIP INFO:Individual $25.00
Family consists of 1 or 2 parents with a child 17 years old or younger.
Make checks payable to MCGLS. Forms will be available at the meetings and at the clubhouse. When renewing please include a short note with your Name, Address, Tel #’s and email address so we can keep our records up to date.
Send payment to:
c/o Ken Kreskowiak
23159 Scotch Pine Ln
Macomb MI 48042
Any questions – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: membership, jewelry, classes or call 586-747-0689 and leave a message. I will return all message calls only.
Last update: March 7, 2018