The Mount Clemens Gem & Lapidary Society has been in existence since 1969. Our purpose is to educate the general public about the lapidary arts and earth sciences.
Mondays 5pm to 9pm, except the first Monday of the Month. Come one come all. Bring your beads, threads, needles, magnifiers (some beads are very tiny) and create. Cost $1.00/hour. See you there.
Meetings are on Monday nights. Board meetings will be on the 1st Monday of the month with membership meeting starting shortly after. The next meeting will be held Dec. 4 at 6:30pm at the clubhouse located at 1404 S. Gratiot Ave. Suite B. Mt. Clemens MI 48043.
Club Closed 11-22-2017 for Thanksgiving.
Our classes are our survival. All instructors give freely of their time to help students learn the lapidary arts. Materials and tools (for use) are provided by the instructor. Money collected is used to pay for the building. (Material fee is payed to the instructor at time of class). You do not need to be a member to attend classes. Class times & costs are:
- Beading – Monday evening, 5-9 pm when there is no board or membership meeting. Cost $1.00/hour anyone can attend. Bring your needles, thread, beads and anything else you want to work on.
- Faceting – Tuesday evening, 5-9 pm. Cost $60.00 for 4 cutting nights paid in advance after which, if you aren’t finished the cost is $15.00 per night. 1st night is free choosing rough, (starting at .10 per carat), talking about topic. Limit 3 people.
- Cabochon – Wednesdays. Workshop – not available yet. Cost is $15.00. (may stay longer for additional $2.00 per hour if no class is scheduled). Bring eye and breathing protection if you have them.
- Cabochon Class: Wednesday, 6 pm to 9 pm. Cost is $60.00 for 4 nights. Wear old clothes. Bring eye and breathing protection if you have them. Limit 3 people.
- Wire wrapping – Class will be on Sunday from 12 pm to 5 (?)pm. Cost is $50.00. Learn the basics about wire, tools used and how to wrap stones and cabochons. All tools provided for your use. We will use copper wire. Materials fee of $15.00 payable to instructor at start of class. Limit 4 people.
- If you are interested in any of the classes please call me at 586-747-0689 and leave a message or email at email@example.com, subject Classes. I will not return calls if there is no message or subject.
MEMBERSHIP INFO:Individual $25.00
Family consists of 1 or 2 parents with a child 17 years old or younger.
Make checks payable to MCGLS. Forms will be available at the meetings and at the clubhouse. When renewing please include a short note with your Name, Address, Tel #’s and email address so we can keep our records up to date.
Send payment to:
c/o Ken Kreskowiak
23159 Scotch Pine Ln
Macomb MI 48042
Any questions – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: membership, jewelry, classes or call 586-747-0689 and leave a message. I will return all message calls only.
Last update: Nov. 21, 2017